Barbecue ginger Lamb skewers with Thai dipping sauce
* 1-1⁄2 pounds lamb steak, cut into strips
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 tablespoon brown or palm sugar
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 3 teaspoon sesame oil
* 2 tablespoon lime juice
* 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
* 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
* 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
* steamed jasmine rice, to serve
1. Combine the lamb strips with the ginger, garlic, sugar, fish sauce and sesame oil. Refrigerate and marinate for 2-3 hours if time permits.
2. Thread the lamb onto 8 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a barbecue or char grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the lamb is cooked. Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds (optional) and the dipping sauce and steamed jasmine rice.
4. To make the dipping sauce: combine the lime juice, sweet chili sauce, chopped coriander and chili. Spoon into small bowls to serve.